“Standing beside you I took an oath to make your life simpler by complicating mine; and what I always thought would happened did: I was lifted up in joy.”
David Ignatious

Friday, May 9, 2008

SOMEBODY BAKE ME A CAKE

Somebody bake me a cake
‘Cause I’m all dried up from giving
Somebody write me a card
Before I get sick of living
Somebody give me some thanks
Just a little to get me through
Somebody give me something,
To stop me leaving you.

Somebody tell me it’s fine
That so far, I’ve done pretty well
Somebody stop for one minute
And see through my eyes, this hell
Somebody, sometime soon please
Give me credit that’s long overdue
Somebody tell me something,
To stop me leaving you.

Somebody rewrite the stories
Of stepmothers, all of them bad
Somebody think up a new one
Write quickly, before I go mad
Somebody write a good ending
Of happy kids, stepmothers, too
Somebody write me something
To stop me leaving you

Somebody stop blaming me
For all in your life that is wrong
Somebody try to remember
How it was before I came along
Somebody give me a break
Cut me some slack, as I do for you
Somebody, help me, do something
To stop me leaving you.

Somebody bake me a cake
It’s your turn to do all the giving
Somebody buy me a card
I’m sick, so sick of living
Somebody give me some thanks
For having your wishes come true
Somebody give me something
To thank me for not leaving you

No comments: