“Standing beside you I took an oath to make your life simpler by complicating mine; and what I always thought would happened did: I was lifted up in joy.”
David Ignatious

Friday, August 29, 2008

Footy Fervour

It was November last year that my stepson Jack was selected to play for Melbourne Football Club - a life-long dream come true. After patiently nursing injuries for most of the year, he finally makes his debut on Sunday 31st August.

That, in itself, is worth a blog entry for Jack alone.

(And for his proud dad.)

Go Jack!

1 comment:

Sheryl Gwyther said...

Hi Fiona
Surprise, surprise! I've awarded your blog a 'Brillante Premio Blog Award', which means that I like your blog and have linked to it from my!).
You can download the graphic of the award from my blog if you wish to display it.
Rules for recipients of the Brillante Weblog Premio are as follows:
1. The award may be displayed on a winner's blog.
2. Add a link to the person you received the award from.
3. Nominate up to seven other blogs.
4. Add their links to your blog.
5. Add a message to each person that you have passed the award on in the comments section of their blog.

If you don't want to participate, please just ignore this award. Many people are uncomfortable with 'chain' type things, but I figure it has the nice effect of linking blogs and spreading the word about blogs worth reading. I was nominated by Sally Murphy, reknown reviewer of children's books (Aussiereviews.com)
Regards
Sheryl